- 1 package (6 ounces) savory herb-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Add onions; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage mixture and spinach. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. In a small bowl, combine cream and eggs; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Bake
"Tasted good, but could have used a little more flavor. The only change I made was, I used a pound of sausage & made it in a 9x13. So it was on the thin side, next time I'll use the 7x11."
"As I prepared this I felt it needed more ZAP!! Sooo I used hot sausage ( with peppers) , added packaged onion soup to the chicken stock , added LOTS of FRESH ROSEMARY... I will substitute the spinach for fresh chopped kale next time .. I DOUBLED the recipe for a brunch BUT DID NOT DOUBLE the stuffing . I increased it slightly as I wanted the sausage and spinach to be the prominent ingredients.. I doubled the sausage .....however .... DO NOT OVERCOOK THE SAUSAGE !!!! Simply lightly brown it .. I USED SOME CELERY SALT INSTEAD OF ALL THAT CELERY ...... NOT A MORSEL WAS LEFT AT THE BRUNCH ... everyone wanted the recipe .. also I made it the day before so the spices could marinate .... enjoy"
"Love this! I did use the whole pound of sausage though."
"This was quite delicious! To make the stuffing I needed to use chicken broth but only had vegetable on hand. Worked out fine! As always, thawing and squeezing the spinach dry was pretty annoying and tedious. I also did find the recipe to be too salty for my taste. My husband loved it of course. Not sure how I can cut out some of the salt, but maybe I'll try turkey sausage next time. Overall a great meal, one I will make again, with an alteration or two."
"Delicious and good for any meal. I alter mine a bit by adding a full pound of sausage and extra spinach, half and half and eggs. Always turns out well and never any leftovers. Perfect dish for any potluck."
"Used kale from the garden (blanched and chopped) and cut the 1/2 and 1/2 with 1% milk (50/50), used turkey sausage, and it was still wonderful! Taking it to a ladies church potluck this morning."
"Absolutely love this recipe, and I'm not even a fan of cooked spinach."
"Fabulous! I've had this in my "to try" file for YEARS and I wish I had made it sooner!! We had it for dinner with some cut up fruit on the side. Perfect and comforting on a snowy night! This would be wonderful for a brunch item."
"Our family loves this one! We have used it either as a side or as a main course. Good way to incorporate spinach into the diet of a family who refuses to eat their vegetables. Try it!"
"Absolutely delicious! I think all of the flavors went really together in this unique dish. It was so easy to make. Thanks for sharing!"