- 1 package (6 ounces) savory herb-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Add onions; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage mixture and spinach. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. In a small bowl, combine cream and eggs; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Bake
"Love this! I did use the whole pound of sausage though."
"This was quite delicious! To make the stuffing I needed to use chicken broth but only had vegetable on hand. Worked out fine! As always, thawing and squeezing the spinach dry was pretty annoying and tedious. I also did find the recipe to be too salty for my taste. My husband loved it of course. Not sure how I can cut out some of the salt, but maybe I'll try turkey sausage next time. Overall a great meal, one I will make again, with an alteration or two."
"Delicious and good for any meal. I alter mine a bit by adding a full pound of sausage and extra spinach, half and half and eggs. Always turns out well and never any leftovers. Perfect dish for any potluck."
"Used kale from the garden (blanched and chopped) and cut the 1/2 and 1/2 with 1% milk (50/50), used turkey sausage, and it was still wonderful! Taking it to a ladies church potluck this morning."
"Absolutely love this recipe, and I'm not even a fan of cooked spinach."