Sausage Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Sausage Spanish Rice
"This recipe is awesome just as is. I've also made it with brown rice. Love it with shredded cheese and a dollop is sour cream and warm tortillas."
"Sce I don't useinstant rice (as this recipe does) would make on stovetop, leaving out green chiles and *most* of taco seasoning (not fond of overly spiced foods). Would add italian herbs and pinch of taco seasoning, plus sweet green peppers nd half a sweet onion or minced dried onion."
"I did not have any green chilies on hand so I left those out. This was quick to put together and delicious. My family loved it.I would suggest testing the rice after 4 hours of cooking. I let it go for 5 and the rice was a little mushy. It was still delicious, but I think it would have been even better cooked a little less."