Sausage Spanish Rice Recipe
"My husband and I both work the midnight shift, so I'm always on the lookout for slow-cooker recipes," writes Michelle McKay of Garden City, Michigan. "This one couldn't be easier. It's good as a side dish, but we often enjoy it as the main course because it's so hearty."
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked converted rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC