Sausage Spaghetti Supper Recipe
Maria Costello of Monroe, North Carolina writes,"Since I work, I look for recipes like this that are quick and easy and fit into our budget," At about 71¢ a serving, this dish fills the bill for Maria and her husband, who love sausage.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, thinly sliced and halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, oregano, basil and garlic salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Spoon over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Spaghetti Supper in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Spaghetti Supper(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >