Sausage Spaghetti Spirals
"My family loves this flavorful casserole with hearty chunks of sausage and green pepper," says Carol Carolton of Wheaton, Illinois. The recipe makes a big pan, so it's nicely sized for a potluck.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and green pepper over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta and spaghetti
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.