- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta and spaghetti sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Spaghetti Spirals
"We thought this recipe was really good. Although I made a couple of changes. We don't like green pepper very much, so I added red and orange peppers. Next I used bottled sauce with Italian Sausage in it. Also I used a four cheese Italian blend of cheese. Try it you will like it!"
"This is a great family-friendly recipe! We like things a little spicy so we use hot bulk Italian sausage. Recipe works great with just about any spegeheti sauce chosen. This also a great meal to deliver to someone because all in one pan. As a volunteer food editor with Taste of Home I appreciate recipes that are flexible to accommodate my family's tastes."
"We thought the flavor was great just the way the recipe was written. This would also make a wonderful dish for a pot luck."
"Recipe needs assist from additional spices and ingredients."
"This is a great recipe! But I do add browned hamburger w/ finely chopped onion, pepperoni and some shredded cheddar cheese. YUMMY!!!! My hubby and kids LOVE IT!!!! So simple and so good!"