Sausage Spaghetti Pie Skillet Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to three greased 9-in. pie plates; press mixture onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and Italian seasoning. Spoon into the crusts.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and tomato paste. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- 4. Cover and freeze two pies for up to 1 month. Cover and bake third pie at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- 5. To use frozen pies: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 3 pies, 18 servings, 6 per pie.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 348 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 373 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.