Sausage Sloppy Joes
"I quickly came up with this barbecued burger recipe using pork sausage when I ran out of ground beef on night," pens Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. "It's one of our grandkids' favorites, and my husband likes it, too."
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, ketchup,
- Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 396 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,208 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.