Sausage Sloppy Joes Recipe
"I quickly came up with this barbecued burger recipe using pork sausage when I ran out of ground beef on night," pens Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. "It's one of our grandkids' favorites, and my husband likes it, too."
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Sloppy Joes in Country Woman July/August 2003, p37
Reviews for Sausage Sloppy Joes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >