Sausage Sliders with Cran-Apple Slaw Recipe
- 2/3 cup coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese, halved
- 8 dinner rolls, halved and toasted
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- 2. Shape sausage into eight patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, adding cheese slices during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time.
- 3. Spread rolls with mustard; top each with a sausage patty, lettuce and 2 tablespoons coleslaw mixture. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
2 sliders equals 672 calories, 43 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,250 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.