The best things come in small packages, as these tasty sliders prove. With a filling this good, you’ll want to have a fork on hand for any yummy tidbits that get away. —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
- 2/3 cup coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese, halved
- 8 dinner rolls, halved and toasted
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Shape sausage into eight patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, adding cheese slices during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time.
- Spread rolls with mustard; top each with a sausage patty, lettuce and 2 tablespoons coleslaw mixture. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Sliders with Cran-Apple Slaw in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Sausage Sliders with Cran-Apple Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review