- 2/3 cup coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese, halved
- 8 dinner rolls, halved and toasted
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Shape sausage into eight patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, adding cheese slices during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time.
- Spread rolls with mustard; top each with a sausage patty, lettuce and 2 tablespoons coleslaw mixture. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Sausage Sliders with Cran-Apple Slaw
"I am not a fan of apples or dried cranberry's in my coleslaw or bbq sauce so I left them out. The result was a very tasty slider that i would serve at any get together."
"My husband really liked these. They were easy, fast, and very good. We especially liked the coleslaw, and I plan on making a larger batch sometime to just eat as coleslaw and not just to add to the sausage patties. I liked the coleslaw even though I really don't like nuts at all! This recipe is a keeper."
"This was excellent. Served mine on mini pretzel bagels - it was outstanding!"
"This was SOOOOO good! I was a little nervous while making it, just because it seems a little different, but all those flavors together is just fabulous! EVERYONE loved it, which is saying a lot in this family!!!"