Sausage Skillet with Pasta & Herbs Recipe
The fresh herbs really pop in this cinch of a weekday meal. If you want a break from pasta, serve the saucy sausages on polenta instead. It would make a fantastic hoagie filling, too. —Victoria Davis, Wilder, Vermont
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- Hot cooked cellentani or spiral pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add red peppers and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- 2. In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Stir in pepper mixture, vinegar, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in herbs. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Skillet with Pasta & Herbs
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC