Sausage Skillet Supper
This simple and satisfying main dish is a favorite of my family's. It is prepared in no time!—Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup picante sauce or salsa
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage. Cook until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 269 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 504 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.