- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup picante sauce or salsa
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage. Cook until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Skillet Supper in Taste of Home October/November 1996 , p11
Reviews for Sausage Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2014
"Altho it's been quite some time since making, thoroughly enjoyed this."
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2011
"My picky eaters liked it. I made it with out the kidney beans because they dont like beans."
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2008
"This was so easy to fix and really yummy! My boyfriend LOVED it!"