- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup picante sauce or salsa
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage. Cook until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Skillet Supper
"Altho it's been quite some time since making, thoroughly enjoyed this."
"Very easy. Very quick. Used spicy pork-- yummy! Next time may try an Italian version. Subbing Italian seasoning maybe."
"My picky eaters liked it. I made it with out the kidney beans because they dont like beans."
"This was a wonderfully quick and easy dish to make. I did add more salsa and it came out great."
"I substituted turkey bulk sausage for the pork sausage to lower the fat content, but kept all the other ingredients the same. It is not only fast but delicious!"
"This was so easy to fix and really yummy! My boyfriend LOVED it!"