- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup picante sauce or salsa
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage. Cook until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Skillet Supper
Sort By :
Altho it's been quite some time since making, thoroughly enjoyed this.
Very easy. Very quick. Used spicy pork-- yummy! Next time may try an Italian version. Subbing Italian seasoning maybe.
My picky eaters liked it. I made it with out the kidney beans because they dont like beans.
This was a wonderfully quick and easy dish to make. I did add more salsa and it came out great.
I substituted turkey bulk sausage for the pork sausage to lower the fat content, but kept all the other ingredients the same. It is not only fast but delicious!