Quick to assemble and easy to clean up, this is my favorite dish to serve when we all need something simple and good. —Tinda Davis, Franklin, Tennessee
- 3/4 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups refrigerated red potato wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium apple, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute sausage in butter for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the potatoes, onion and apple; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until apple is tender and potatoes are golden brown. Stir in the vinegar, sugar and caraway seeds.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Skillet Dinner in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p29
Reviews for Sausage Skillet Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review