Sausage Skillet Dinner Recipe
Quick to assemble and easy to clean up, this is my favorite dish to serve when we all need something simple and good. —Tinda Davis, Franklin, Tennessee
- 3/4 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups refrigerated red potato wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium apple, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute sausage in butter for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the potatoes, onion and apple; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until apple is tender and potatoes are golden brown. Stir in the vinegar, sugar and caraway seeds.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 452 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,268 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC