Sausage Skillet Dinner
“Quick to assemble and easy to clean up, this is my favorite dish to serve when we all need something simple and good.” Tinda Davis - Franklin, TN
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups refrigerated red potato wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium apple, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute sausage in butter for 3-4 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Add the potatoes, onion and apple; saute 4-5
- minutes longer or until apple is tender and potatoes are golden
- brown. Stir in the vinegar, sugar and caraway seeds.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or
- until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 452 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,268 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer