Sausage Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 bacon strips
- 8 large fresh mushrooms
- 8 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 large cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Cut bacon strips in half; wrap each around a mushroom. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, pineapple chunks, tomatoes, sausage, bacon-wrapped mushrooms, onion and green pepper.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, corn syrup, ketchup, soy sauce, lime juice, maple flavoring, seasonings and reserved pineapple juice. Set aside 2/3 cup for serving.
- 3. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and shrimp turn pink, turning and basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 447 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 1,967 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.