- 1 package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 4 ounces turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 6 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a food processor, process the stuffing mix until finely crushed; set aside. Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet; add the onion, celery and oil. Cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the next seven ingredients and crushed stuffing. Fold in 2 cups cheese.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage-Seafood Mini Corn Muffins in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p13
Reviews for Sausage-Seafood Mini Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review