"I adapted my mother's creamy entree recipe for the microwave," relates Erlene Crusoe of Litchfield, Minnesota.
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 medium red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced (3-1/2 to 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place sausage in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place butter in a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Heat on high for 45-60 seconds or until melted. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes; stir. Heat 4 minutes longer. Stir in the sausage. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring every 4 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sausage is heated through. Stir. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Scalloped Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p59
Reviews for Sausage Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2012
"This is one of my favorite. In fact I am taking it to a family reunion tomorrow"