"I adapted my mother's creamy entree recipe for the microwave," relates Erlene Crusoe of Litchfield, Minnesota.
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 medium red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced (3-1/2 to 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place sausage in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place butter in a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Heat on high for 45-60 seconds or until melted. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes; stir. Heat 4 minutes longer. Stir in the sausage. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring every 4 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sausage is heated through. Stir. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Scalloped Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p59
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2012
"This is one of my favorite. In fact I am taking it to a family reunion tomorrow"