Sausage Sauerkraut Supper Recipe
- 4 cups carrot chunks (2-inch pieces)
- 4 cups red potato chunks
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh Polish sausage links
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the carrots, potatoes and sauerkraut. In a large skillet, brown sausages. When cool enough to handle, cut into 3-inch pieces; transfer to slow cooker (slow cooker will be full). Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings; saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings until tender.
- Gradually add wine. Bring to a boil; stir to loosen browned bits. Stir in pepper and caraway. Pour over sausage. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the sausage reads 160°. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage Sauerkraut Supper(4)
Sort By :
Have made this several times and love it more each time.
Thought it had a bad taste. didn't like in our house
I used a 16 oz jar of sauerkraut and some chopped cabbage and my kids especially liked it! I served mine with a little honey mustard on the side. It is very good!
I left out the garlic and cut back on the pepper. It still had plenty of seasoning. My husband really liked it and I was happy that it did not call for brown sugar as some other sausage & sauerkraut recipes do.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- German Stew Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >