Sausage Sauerkraut Soup Recipe
I've taken this satisfying soup to church gatherings and family reunions, and it always receives great compliments. Everyone loves it!—Elizabeth Goetzinger, Lewiston, Idaho
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots and onion. Combine the sauerkraut, brown sugar, mustard and caraway seeds; spoon over vegetables. Top with sausage and broth. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 373 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,707 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC