- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots and onion. Combine the sauerkraut, brown sugar, mustard and caraway seeds; spoon over vegetables. Top with sausage and broth. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sauerkraut Sausage Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p9
Reviews for Sausage Sauerkraut Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review