- medium heat until no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon and
- set aside. In drippings, saute peppers and onion until tender;
- Press half of the dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a
- greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread sausage evenly over crust.
- Top with peppers and onion. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Roll
- out remaining dough to fit pan; place over cheese and sea edges.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Brush over dough. Cut slits in top. Bake 20-25 minutes or until
- golden brown. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 290 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.