- pink; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the drippings,
- saute peppers and onion until tender; drain.
- Press half of the dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread sausage evenly
- over the crust. Top with peppers and onion. Sprinkle with mozzarella
- cheese. Roll out remaining dough to fit pan; place over cheese and
- seal the edges.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients. Brush over dough. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400°
- for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares. Yield:
- 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 290 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.