Sausage Rye Melts Recipe
In Johnstown, Pennsylvania, Rose Maldet assembles these simple openface sandwiches, which are easy on the pocketbook at just 96¢ each. "Try the spread on English muffins," she suggest. "I serve them with a sweet-and-sour cucumber salad."
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 10 slices rye bread
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, chilies, olives and onions. Spread over bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
1 each: 457 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1121mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Rye Melts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC