- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage
- 2 cups chopped leeks (white portion only)
- 1 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, leeks and fennel over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Add the spinach, tomatoes, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Risotto with Spinach and Tomatoes in Jimmy Dean® 2010
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage Risotto with Spinach and Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review