Sausage Rice Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2/3 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add the zucchini, onion, green pepper, oregano and garlic salt; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in V8 juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Return to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 240 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sausage Rice Skillet
"This is a nice simple recipe, goes together fast. I used regular rice and canned tomatoes since that is what I had on hand and I thought it turned out fine."