Flavorful pork sausage, fresh zucchini and instant rice make this stovetop sensation a favorite with Connie Putnam's family and friends. "Everyone I have shared this recipe with tells me how delicious it is," reports the Clayton, North Carolina cook.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2/3 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add the zucchini, onion, green pepper, oregano and garlic salt; cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in V8 juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-14 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Rice Skillet in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p61
Reviews for Sausage Rice Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2012
"This is a nice simple recipe, goes together fast. I used regular rice and canned tomatoes since that is what I had on hand and I thought it turned out fine."