Sausage Rice Scramble
"This inexpensive skillet meal can be served any time of day, but we like it as a quick supper," informs JoAnn Moseman of Blair, Oklahoma. "It's a family favorite...and a great way to use up leftover rice and sausage."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/4 cups cooked bulk pork sausage (1/2 pound uncooked)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine rice, cooked sausage and
- onions; heat through. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, oregano, salt and
- pepper; add to rice mixture. Cook and stir until the eggs are
- completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 239 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.