Sausage Rice Pilaf Recipe
In Goshen, Indiana, Deborah Downing serves this nicely seasoned rice casserole with a fresh green salad and some crusty bread or rolls. "It's one of our favorite sausage recipes. My family likes freshly grated Parmesan cheese on their helpings.
More Sausage Dinner Recipes »
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage; drain. Add onion and mushrooms; saute until onion is tender. Add rice, consomme, water and oregano; mix well. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 377 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 873 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Rice Pilaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC