In Goshen, Indiana, Deborah Downing serves this nicely seasoned rice casserole with a fresh green salad and some crusty bread or rolls. "It's one of our favorite sausage recipes. My family likes freshly grated Parmesan cheese on their helpings.
More Sausage Dinner Recipes »
- 2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage; drain. Add onion and mushrooms; saute until onion is tender. Add rice, consomme, water and oregano; mix well. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Rice Pilaf in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p43
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review