Sausage Rice Casserole Recipe
"Spicy sausage provides just the right amount of zip in this satisfying dish," informs Delene Durham of Campbellsville, Kentucky, "It's pretty, too, with three colors of peppers peeking through the rice mixture."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, diced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until the sausage is browned and onion is tender; drain. Add the rice, peppers and soups; mix well. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 262 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC