Sausage Rice Casserole Recipe
"Spicy sausage provides just the right amount of zip in this satisfying dish," informs Delene Durham of Campbellsville, Kentucky, "It's pretty, too, with three colors of peppers peeking through the rice mixture."
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, diced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until the sausage is browned and onion is tender; drain. Add the rice, peppers and soups; mix well. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Rice Casserole in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p36
Reviews for Sausage Rice Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review