Sausage Red Beans 'n' Rice Recipe
This easy-to-make recipe has been a staple in my recipe file for about 10 years. My husband and I both enjoy cooking it.
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup canned Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce), undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a skillet, saute green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Add the tomatoes, beans, oregano and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 385 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,522 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Red Beans 'n' Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC