- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 jars (one 26 ounces, one 14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, basil and Italian seasoning; set aside. Drain ravioli.
- Spoon 1-1/3 cups spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the ravioli and sausage. Spoon ricotta mixture over sausage; top with 1-1/3 cups sauce. Layer with remaining ravioli and sausage. Spread remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Ravioli Lasagna
"I used 2lbs of sausage, and 2, 24oz jars of spaghetti sauce. This was very good and I will make it again!"
"This was very easily put together and tasted great!"
"add garlic and onions when cooking meat"
"Family really liked this. I used turkey Italian sausage."