This dish is ideal for a crowd-size brunch. Prepare and refrigerate the casserole the night before, and in the morning, bake to perfection. —Bonnie Esslinger, Chapel Hill, TN
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, brown sausage; drain and set aside.
- Combine cream cheese and dressing mix; spread over crust. Top with sausage and cheddar cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, press or roll second tube of crescent dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over cheese.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Ranch Breakfast Casserole in Country Woman August/September 2009, p45
Reviews for Sausage Ranch Breakfast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review