Sausage Raisin Dressing Recipe
My mother was looking through a cookbook, and a clipping with this recipe fell to the floor. Mom, who’s 80, told me the recipe came from her mother. We hope you relish this heirloom dish as much as we do. —Brenda Liz Parkinson, Prince George, British Columbia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 3/4 cup each chopped celery, green pepper and onion
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread (1/2-inch cubes), crusts removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, water chestnuts, raisins, salt and pepper. Add sausage mixture and toss to coat. Whisk eggs and broth; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 197 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC