Sausage Quiche Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a skillet, brown sausages until no longer pink. Drain and cut into small pieces; place in the pie shell. Sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream and nutmeg. Pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 485 calories, 42 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.