"I started cooking years ago when a back injury kept me home for several months," explains Ernest Foster of Climax, New York. "This quiche is a family favorite."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) breakfast sausage links
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a skillet, brown sausages until no longer pink. Drain and cut into
- small pieces; place in the pie shell. Sprinkle with cheese. In a
- bowl, beat eggs; add cream and nutmeg. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 485 calories, 42 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.