Sausage Quiche Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) breakfast sausage links
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a skillet, brown sausages until no longer pink. Drain and cut into small pieces; place in the pie shell. Sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream and nutmeg. Pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 485 calories, 42g fat (23g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Quiche
"Great flavor, quick to assemble and crazy easy to change to suit your taste. Add green onions for flavor and beautiful color, add mushrooms, olives, substitute your favorite turkey breakfast meat, change cheeses, the sky is the limit. This is a great recipe! I see it's original publish date is 1993, I think this will remain a classic recipe, very pleased with the results."
"Too bad there's no pictures - it's as pretty as it is delicious. So easy to make and all my friends raved over it. This is a keeper."
"quick, easy, and yummy! I think I'll add more vegetables next time I make it."
"I use maple flavored Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage instead of the sausage links, and substitute 1 cup of 2% milk instead of the cream, and it always turns out great! Delicious recipe!"
"Simple to prepare & quite good! I also used half & half. Next time might try it with ham."
"Haven't made quiche for quite a while. Thought I'd give this one a try and my family and I think this is a "home run!" Definitely on the menu from now on!"
"I've madae this recipe several times; following the same ingredients and didn't care for the texture of the heavy cream. The next time I used 1% milk and although it did set up the bottom was a little watery. This last time I used half and half and turkey sausage and baked this quiche a day ahead of time as I had some overnight guests visiting and couldn't be there for them in the morning. I left instructions for them to re-heat in the microwave and they said it was delicious! The egg mixture was so light and fluffy. This recipe is definitely a keeper!"