- 1 package (8 ounces) breakfast sausage links
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a skillet, brown sausages until no longer pink. Drain and cut into small pieces; place in the pie shell. Sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream and nutmeg. Pour over cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Quiche
Sort By :
"Great flavor, quick to assemble and crazy easy to change to suit your taste. Add green onions for flavor and beautiful color, add mushrooms, olives, substitute your favorite turkey breakfast meat, change cheeses, the sky is the limit. This is a great recipe! I see it's original publish date is 1993, I think this will remain a classic recipe, very pleased with the results."
"Too bad there's no pictures - it's as pretty as it is delicious. So easy to make and all my friends raved over it. This is a keeper."
"Quick, easy, and yummy! I think I'll add more vegetables next time I make it."
"I use maple flavored Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage instead of the sausage links, and substitute 1 cup of 2% milk instead of the cream, and it always turns out great! Delicious recipe!"
"Simple to prepare & quite good! I also used half & half. Next time might try it with ham."