Sausage Quiche Squares Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with cheeses, onion, chilies and jalapeno if desired. In a bowl, beat eggs and seasonings. Pour over cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 8 dozen.
3 each: 80 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Sausage Quiche Squares
"Love this! I use spicy sausage and no salt as the other ingredients have plenty already. I have made these a few times. Always a hit!"
"This is a hit with young and old. I have made this for family, friends and caterings. It is great for a party appetizer or a brunch buffet."
"I made this two more times with two different kinds of sausage, and I actually like it best with the ham I used originally."
"I mix all the ingredients together instead of layering them. Sometimes I bake it in muffin tins to make individual servings."
"Very good. Really enjoyed. Although had to cook a little longer than stated - center was still undercooked and had to nuke a bit after baking to firm up. but flavor was great!"
"I made this as an appetizer for a tea I was helping cater, but found that it also served great as a weekend brunch item. Will use this one again and again."
"i make these for breakfast casserole and have taken them to funeral homes and to familes in need. They were always eaten. Rita"
"I really enjoyed these. The flavors are wonderful and I'll be making this recipe over and over again."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.