Sausage Quiche Squares Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with cheeses, onion, chilies and jalapeno if desired. In a bowl, beat eggs and seasonings. Pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Sausage Quiche Squares(8)
Sort By :
I made this two more times with two different kinds of sausage, and I actually like it best with the ham I used originally.
This was excellent. I substituted ham for the sausage(using up leftovers!) and cut it into dinner serving-sized pieces. I imagine it would be just as good as an appetizer.
I mix all the ingredients together instead of layering them. Sometimes I bake it in muffin tins to make individual servings.
Very good. Really enjoyed. Although had to cook a little longer than stated - center was still undercooked and had to nuke a bit after baking to firm up. but flavor was great!
I made this as an appetizer for a tea I was helping cater, but found that it also served great as a weekend brunch item. Will use this one again and again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >