Sausage Quesadillas Recipe
When Ruth Lee of Troy, Ontario needed a quick dish, she came up with this tempting entree stuffed with sausage and veggies.
- 1 Italian sausage link, casing removed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain; set sausage aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and red pepper in 1 teaspoon oil for 5 minutes. Add corn and seasonings. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomato and sausage; heat through.
- 2. Spoon over one side of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; fold over. Cook in remaining oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut each into three wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 486 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Quesadillas
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2011
"quick and easy and tasty"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC