Sausage Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Here, autumn spices complement pumpkin and sausage for a unique and comforting soup. Maple syrup imparts just the right amount of sweetness.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the broth, pumpkin, syrup, pie spice, garlic powder and nutmeg. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until flavors are blended. Stir in milk; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC