Sausage Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the broth, pumpkin, syrup, pie spice, garlic powder and nutmeg. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until flavors are blended. Stir in milk; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 250 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Pumpkin Soup
"I wanted a soup that could cook in the slow cooker all night. I did not cook the sausage beforehand and it was in there for roughly eight hours. Interesting flavour, but I made the mistake of adding the total amount of maple syrup that the recipe asked for. Very sweet! Next time I'd definitely cut that in half. I added triple the amount of pumpkin to give it a thicker consistency (and hopefully to cut back on the overpowering flavour of the maple syrup); otherwise it was kind of watery. I also added a clove of garlic instead of garlic powder. I do like the potential of the soup so that's why I am still giving it four stars."
"Very interesting - I added this one to "My Recipes" - great flavour! I did cut back to 1/4c of maple syrup. It's been perfect frozen for lunches and late night suppers"