- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the broth, pumpkin, syrup, pie spice, garlic powder and nutmeg. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until flavors are blended. Stir in milk; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Sausage Pumpkin Soup(2)
Sort By :
I liked this soup. Nice flavor and good consistency. I used a little less than half a cup of maple syrup and it was still just a tad sweet. Next time I'll use probably a quarter cup of maple syrup. And I just might try adding rice to it...I think it might go well with this soup.
Very interesting - I added this one to "My Recipes" - great flavour! I did cut back to 1/4c of maple syrup. It's been perfect frozen for lunches and late night suppers
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >