Sausage Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion in oil until lightly browned; drain. Stir in the carrots, potatoes with contents of sauce mix, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Stir in broccoli; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 687 calories, 43g fat (19g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 2223mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Sausage Potatoes Au Gratin
"I made this for the first time last night and it went over really well! I substituted the carrots and broccoli for mixed veggies, and had to increase the water a little as the potatoes cooked, but overall it was super easy to make!"
"We've been making this for years. Excellent for a crockpot for carryins."