A packaged potato mix gets special treatment when jazzed up with sausage and vegetables. "I enjoy serving this cheesy casserole with warm bread," informs Mary Akker, Ellsworth, Minnesota.
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion in oil until lightly browned; drain. Stir in the carrots, potatoes with contents of sauce mix, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in broccoli; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Potatoes Au Gratin in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p17
Reviews for Sausage Potatoes Au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review