Sausage Potato Supper
One Saturday night a few years ago, I came up with this dish on the spur of the moment. It was dinnertime, and I had to use what I had on hand. It's been a hit with my family ever since.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle zucchini with garlic salt. In a small skillet,
- stir-fry zucchini in butter until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook
- until browned.
- Drain potatoes; add to skillet. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan
- cheese and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Yield: 2 servings.