Sausage Potato Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, diced
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, brown sausage; drain. Set sausage aside. In the same pan, combine the potatoes, corn, broth, celery, carrot and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the milk, cheese, parsley and sausage. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Potato Soup
Sort By :
"Like many of you, I love soups. But, I'm very much a novice cook. I'm a grandpa, and a retired Soldier, not a chef. I decided to make this soup when my church group was having a chili and soup pot-luck dinner; I wanted something with sausage in it.I made one and a half times the recipe and substituted garlic that I chopped up myself, so obviously it took longer time to prepare than suggested here. I think the real prep time is closer to an hour, for a newby like me, anyway.The soup was terrific. I received many compliments. This will be a fall and winter staple for me, simply due to the simplicity of preparation and delicious taste."
"This is very tasty and easy to make; however, it is a bit peppery for me and my family so the next time I make it I'll reduce the amount by half. A plus about this recipe is that I was able to serve the soup without the meat for my vegetarian daughter and with the meat for the rest of the family."
"Been making this a few years now and its always a big hit!!!"
"I have made this a few times and it turnd out real good every time"
"This is DEFINITELY a KEEPER. On my "repeat cooking" list. YUM."