Sausage Potato Salad Recipe
“I like making this cool potato recipe on warm days. I reduced the oil quite a bit and added a little more honey mustard, giving it a richer taste. Sausage, too, adds good flavor to this hearty salad!” Ginette Starshak – Decatur, Illinois
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound smoked turkey sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1. Scrub potatoes; place in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the oil, honey mustard, vinegar and seasonings. Set aside. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage until heated through.
- 3. Drain potatoes; cool slightly. Cut into 1/4-in. slices and place in a bowl. Add the onion, sausage and dressing; toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 5 servings.
2/3 cup equals 162 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC